St. Ignatius College Primary Luqa takes its pupils from the kindergarten stage (3-4 years old) right up to the 11+ national benchmark exam. Our mission is to provide our pupils with all the skills they will need to maximize the benefits they can reap from the holistic education we seek to provide.
Our School’s Mission Statement
- Our principal aim is the holistic education of all our students.
- To aid children develop to their fullest potential while ensuring they are happy and living challenging lives.
- To create the correct ethos which will enable us to put this philosophy into practice.
- To bestow a caring education founded on deep rooted Christian values.
- To provide the children with the security necessary to enable their full development intellectually, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- To ensure that the children are aware of their values as individuals whose contributions to the life of the school is recognised and appreciated.
Promoting intellectual development
Learning occurs when real understanding takes place. Aiming to improve the children’s self esteem will also enhance their intellectual development.
Promoting moral development
To apply a code of discipline that has been negotiated with the children, teachers and parents, thus instilling a sense of fairness within each and every class throughout the whole school.
Promoting cultural appreciation
To make pupils aware of and to teach them to appreciate our customs and culture.
Promoting social development
Enhancing the pupil’s sensitivity towards their peers would enable us to rid the children of their self-centeredness and make them more aware of the needs of individuals around them.
To enable the children to recognize a correct hierarchical structure of authority within and without the school and to come to know and to practice the etiquette that goes with it. This will hopefully give children an attitude that is socially correct.
Promoting career development
To encourage children to be and act more independently by making them responsible for all their actions.
To encourage children to believe in themselves and look forward to the future and their successful careers.
Promoting stakeholders’ unity
To motivate all stakeholders – an integral part of the scholastic organization – to fully participate in matters pertaining to the school.
To promote the ownership of the school and in doing so to increase its human resources considerably.